Thursday, August 9

TRIP TO KANSAS - ROAD TRIP!

The 3 P's....my two cousins and myself....on the road again. I just returned from a short trip to Kansas to visit Auntie Em and Toto....well, my aunt and my cousins dog Benny, but close enough!

One of my cousins just found her way back to the clan after a long search for her relations. We realized all our names began with the letter P and so we were named The 3 P's!

I wanted to see, my family and the flight was an amazing $125....I knew it was time to go!  But I especially wanted to see my aunt and uncle who have had to split living areas after 64 years of marriage because my aunt needs assisted care for now.

The big bonus was a girls road trip....my fave! Especially because I got the back seat all to myself!

We headed down to southern Mo, past the Precious Moments attraction, (You know, those cute little figurines that used to be really popular and are a bit less popular now.), all the way to West Plains, nearly to Arkansas. We spent the night there, saw my brother and his family the next day and headed to the Ozarks! My dad had a canoe rental business on the Eleven Point River and we used to vacation in the Ozarks when we were younger.

We stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons. It was totally cool! A thunder/lightning/rain storm blew through and I slept out on the back deck. They are having a drought and high temperatures and so the rain was lovely. I got to swish both cousins in the water with my newly acquired aqua massage techniques!

We headed back north where I was privileged to be with my cousins children....young adults, getting ready for their first Saturn Return (Shamanic Astrology), which means they're beginning to wonder, "What's it all about, Alphie!" I loved my time with them. They're so interested and eager to learn new things!

Last stop, my dad's sister who is 82 and lives near the airport. She's this petite little lady and even at age 82, she is a clown....literally, she belongs to a clown club where they go to hospitals and things! She is a crossing guard (in front of her house and looks so cute in her uniform), she volunteers at the hospital and church. She's amazing! Up until last year, she mowed her own acreage on her riding lawn mower!

My family is the best! Thank you for your warm generous hospitality, love and support! I love you! Yes you too Cousin Allen....get over it!


No comments:

Post a Comment