Friday, August 10

SELF-CONFIDENCE

A couple of things about the young 20 year old male teaching us older species hip hop caught my attention in class. 

First:  He had no intimidation about looking at himself in the mirror.   It  wasn't a conceited, look at me, just a comfortableness that he had with himself. It seems to be a common trait in this younger generation.

Many of us from my generation struggle with low self-esteem and self-image issues. I know in exercise/dance classes, where they have that really big mirror completely across one wall, many of us take the back row, just like at church, the back seats fill up first! 

I notice for myself when I was attending Bikram Yoga, (Really hot yoga:) you are encouraged to connect with yourself in the mirror. 

Well, first of all, I can't see that far, so a blurry outline of myself is a little easier to take than actually looking myself in the eye for an hour and a half. 

One of the energy treatments that I was given while learning to become real, (read more about this in my books) was that I was to look and touch myself in the mirror. I was then treated for self acceptance.  To embrace me, all of me, exactly how I am, body, mind and spirit! I'm still working on it! 

I found myself really admiring this young man for the self confidence that he projected. I'm going to try and incorporate that into my life. 

Now, you want to know what else I noticed....stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment