Sunday, July 22

Aquatic Massage from the 1st and 2nd Half of LIfe Perspective


Energy moves 5-7 times faster in water. 

I recently took the class series to become a Certified Aquatic Massage Therapist. I love that it is about Embracing the Heart. I spent many hours in the pool which earned me the honor of emerging with green hair! REALLY GREEN HAIR! I spent the next period of time doing 40 practice sessions so that I could pass my certification test. 

I had been away for a month and hadn't been in the water for the entire time. When I came back it was time to test out. I had to use a new water facility and when I took the test I flunked! What? I knew I hadn't done my best performance and the excuses quickly came to mind. The bottom line, I wasn't fully prepared (which wouldn't have made a huge difference as there were other issues involved, but I would have flunked knowing that I had given it my best attempt.) I picked up my poor little (obviously not so little) bruised ego and quickly started back meeting other therapists and working with them. 

It was such a blessing to meet other people doing the work and hearing their similar stories. I'm grateful for the set back as I've learned a lot more, and had experiences that I wouldn't have had if I had passed. 

I've given many aquatic massages to date and some of the things that people have reported experiencing has left me in awe! (Spirit can use anything) I'm reminded of what I talk about in my work, 1st Half of Life: The Certification Paper vs  2nd Half of LIfe: The Experience.

Sometimes it's not about the paper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment