Sunday, October 2

GRASSHOPPER IN THE HOUSE PLANT! – ARE YA KIDDIN ME?



I came home from being away for a bit and I noticed under my palm plant in the living room were a lot of black things….looked like little poops! Hmmmm, I didn’t know Palm Plants shed like that….but I’m no plant expert! So for several weeks, whenever I came home, I’d vacuum up the mess under the plant.

While working in the garden, I began trimming the bushes and I noticed that the grasshoppers could be very still and camouflage right in with the plants. For some reason that day, I went in and really looked at the plant and sure enough…1 little grasshopper has been living, eating and pooping….for weeks, unnoticed! Amazing!! How in the world did he find his way into the house and onto the plant? Well, certainly, I couldn’t vacuum him up! I managed to scoot the HEAVY plant outside and flicked him into the garden.

Stunned, I heard him say, “What the heck?” as he tried coming to his senses, shaking off his apparent nightmarish experience. He’d been thrown out from his apparent 5 star resort….food, water and housekeeping, where he had managed to free load for quite sometime!

(Look closely at the picture to see him and what is left from my plant! PS...he is cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment