Thursday, February 17

SIDE NOTE - VISION QUESTING, ANXIETY!!

Just as an added little side note, Vision Questing doesn’t come without its issues. I’m in need of constant support from many different sources and on many different levels, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
For some it may appear a bit intriguing, however, I know for others, they can’t think of anything less interesting!
While I am certain that I was to leave the security of where I had been living for the past 3 months and the doors opened for a trip to Ireland, now that the time is getting closer I find myself in one of my panty twists.
Where am I going? Where in the friggin’ hell am I going? What am I going to do for a full month? Where am I staying? I keep thinking of different excuses not to go. My daughter needs me to horse sit; help her move...the Uncle of a friend of mine could use me to help him when he gets out of the hospital and I’m sure I can think up a couple of more distractions! I think the Universe is pretty tricky, as my ticket is non-refundable!
What make it extra difficult is traveling alone. My first trip to Ireland, Switzerland and Spain, revealed to me, that while I was physically alone, I was never truly alone. There was always support on a spiritual level. But dang it.....sometimes you just need God with skin on!
I called my shaman (support person). “This trip is like getting your PHD. You’re going for refinement in what you’ve been getting training in the past 10 years. You’re ready for this! Just feel into to the unsettled feelings and breathe, see who inside still needs reassurance and love.”
With that, I’ll go back on my retreat here in Chicago and try to stay in the moment, trusting things will unfold as they will...

No comments:

Post a Comment