Wednesday, February 23

CURRENT TRIP - ADDED NOTE

CURRENT TRIP

Just as the remnants of the last blizzard were starting to dissipate and a herd of deer were playing a game of dodge ball on the open field near the pond, the snow began to fall once again. The flights were delayed and so my daughter drove to her next basketball destination, Fort Wayne. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for missing a game in the referee arena. She took my set of wheels, which were really hers, which left me at home to focus on my writing! Dang! I am very easily diverted from what my intentions are. Later in the day she called to say that the game had been postponed until tomorrow night. So the dog and I saddled ourselves up and hiked into town...we left at 2:15 and got back to the train station at 4. I had some flyers and posters that needed to be mailed for our first Conference in Tucson, AZ. Sore feet for me and icicles hanging from the tummy of the dog, we took a taxi from the train station home. It was quite an adventure.

In continuing to think along the lines of yesterdays comments, Why do I get to live this way…I was reminded early this morning while lying in bed, cuddling the dog, that everything changes. Everyone has an opportunity in life to reach their dreams. A friend sent me a email with Frank Sinatra singing Bring in the Clowns and the clips were of comedians of the past era. How young and vivacious they were. How much joy they brought to the lives and hearts of so many. But their day have slipped away, making space for the next generation of entertainers to emerge.

I’ve realized as I’ve gotten older, that absolutely everything is in our reach.

Remember that house you always wanted? I do. I was in high school and my parents bought a house for $17,000. The house I wanted was like the parents of a friend of mine, it cost $40,000. Oh, if only I could afford a $40,000 house and someday I will!

Yep, you guessed it, the very model I had dreamed about became mine, of course the price was now $100,000, but nevertheless, it was mine.

If you wait long enough, that job promotion, that fancy car, that dream you hold in your heart will all have space to materialize….as the world turns, space opens up….for YOU! I’ve been paying close attention and it’s true!

I guess what I’m trying to say is to follow your dreams, set your goals, think big….then even BIGGER than you have ever imagined. Plan a foolish project like Noah and care not what others may think or say!

I think the hardest part is seeing ourselves BIGGER, picturing ourselves as writers, speakers, massage therapists or an NBA basketball referee. Visual yourself in the role you’re wanting to manifest for yourself!

This is your life and you do not want to get to the end of it and realize that you never really lived!

I’ll leave you with this thought from Aunti Mamme…

LIVE, LIVE, LIVE, Life is a banquet and most poor souls are starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment