Saturday, February 19

DAY 5 – Trip to Carmel, Pebble Beach



I left LA at 3AM to avoid LA traffic and headed to Carmel to see my friend and his Uncle. I decided to get off at San Miguel Mission. St Michael works with me and I wondered to myself, why not get off? What’s keeping you? I drove around the mission a bit and noticed a cactus climbing the wall, looking like a big lizard…dreams. I then saw in my minds eye, an eagle feather…St Michael, then decided to go to 8:15AM Mass. The seat I picked in the Mission, Michael had an impish smile and was looking directly at me. Fr. Larry talked about in his homily…entertaining angels with out knowing it’s an angel. Both times he talked about it, he laughed. After mass, I thought to give Fr. a book. I brought it in, he was just like Sr. Wendy….repeated my name many times. He was the most charming man….truly an angel…I told him that I was entertaining an angel right now…him…I kissed his hand….he said the same to me, YOU are an angel…he kissed my hand….

Listening to a lady talk to the priest…politicians doing God’s will…it came to me…our perception of God’s Will….which is what gets us into trouble. Our judgments come into play, get in the way.

Uncle Bill was a mess when my friend and I arrived at the hospital. He’s 91 and used to having things his way. He was not a happy camper and considered a problem by the nursing staff. I sat with next to him, holding his hand, stroking his arm, sending him love and healing energy. By the afternoon, I was in the room with him when the discharge nurse was giving him his options…I was able to persuade him to go to the convalescing home for a few days to get his strength up. He agreed. He said I put a spell on him.

My friend and I went for a drive….17 mile Pebble Beach run. We had a sandwich for lunch at Pacific Grove beach. Saw UB again….each time he got calmer. Drove to Rocky Point Bar, restaurant….for a sunset….magnificent…we were nearly the only ones there, sitting at the corner table having a fun drink and sharing an appetizer. It was lovely for me to have a lovely visit and not have to worry about paying. We drove back to Carmel….walked downtown…had a drink/split a salad and bread…walked uptown…live music….I danced…my friend danced 2 times with me…The singer was an amazing artist…he sang Halleluiah like you wouldn’t believe. All and all the most enchanting day/evening at the beach! I’m glad I said yes when I was invited to visit Uncle Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment