Monday, February 21

DAY 7 - CARMEL TO GRASS VALLEY VIA THE SCENIC ROUTE


Before I left Carmel, I went to see UB…he said I had put a spell on him. He was so happy and calm and willing to stay and do his physical therapy so that he could go home.

Before checking out from the charming cottage, I gave the owner, an older gentlemen, whom I had some lovely conversations with, a book with my gratitude. I don’t actually know why I just felt like giving him one.

I went to see my old pastor at a rest home in Oakland. He looked good…sitting in his chair…dressed. He can hear, he knew who I was. I gave him a book and read a story to him about a mutal friend that I had written about. He absolutely knew what I was talking about. His eyes lit up. I sat with him awhile while they were serving lunch. He is on an all liquid diet. There is a fun energy at the Sister of Mercy’s Care Center that was missing where UB was staying. Even though others had said not to go and see Father, I’m so happy I did. I’ve learned not to listen to the OPINIONS of others concerning matters of the heart for me.

I continued to drive to Grass Valley, of course, taking a ‘wrong’ turn and ended up driving along the Delta. It was a lovely side trip, even though I was complaining to myself that the stupid GPS didn’t know where it was going!

My stay in my old home town was only 2 days and so I wanted see as many of my friends as I could so my first stop was a family in Nevada City….Super bowl Sunday! Fun! I had dinner with my son’s family and got to see his new house. It’s a lovely space for them and their 3 dogs.

I ended the long day by spending the night at another friend’s house and doing a soul blessing for her dad while I was there. She was away at a Super bowl party and while I missed seeing her, I loved the space to do laundry and rest a bit on this whirl wind trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment