Sunday, June 2

LETTING GO WITH CLEAR INTENTION

"Why you need to live in good weather don't you?" The words of an Irish Mystic that I saw during my four months in Ireland ran through my head this morning as I woke up in the Pacific Northwest to another day of clouds and drizzles.

Yes! Yes! I do need the sun! Finally, someone knows that besides me! Days without sun leave me nearly comatose. It seems the sun is up about 5:30AM and I'm not...and then when I'm up...the sun is not! I've been here in Vancouver, WA for the past two weeks and this has been the pattern.

However, I've come to appreciate the benefits of the light drizzle and last Monday was one. It was Memorial Day and we decided to drive to Bagby Hot Springs, in the Cascade Mountains at Mt. Hood.

Before we left, I picked up a book to take with me, The Way of the Shaman. A gentle reminder for me not to miss any part of the journey. Yes, we were going to enjoy the healing mineral water, but there was so much more to experience, if I'd just pay attention.

I'm pretty sure the drizzle is what kept the crowds away that day. When we arrived, there were quite a few cars, however we were rewarded with the secluded hot tub on the top being vacant. What's extra nice about these hot springs is the tubs are drainable after each use. (I know, that seems contrary to the places where water is an issue, but not here! The water flows freely, continuously! There is nothing to shut off!)

When we had finished our soak, I suggested that we do a releasing ceremony, leaving all of the burdens that we were carrying with us behind. The lightest drizzle continued as we all made a whirlpool with our hands. Then we all thought of the things that we wanted to let go of...anxiety, fear, pain, distrust, etc., and then placed our awareness on the swirling warm, healing water. With clear intention, we placed the things that we were willing to let go of, in the middle. We then let out the plug and along with the vortex of water, they all went swirling down the drain.

Just then the rain picked up noticeably and I knew that we had been supported by Spirit. I've witnessed this for myself many times and it was magical to be a part of this releasing ceremony in the spirit filled Cascade Mountains.

Try it for yourself! If you need help or encouragement, email me and I'll tell you how:)

No comments:

Post a Comment