Tuesday, June 18

Social Responsibility vs Loyalty

Living my unconventional lifestyle (for now), I've taken on some pretty random jobs. A couple of years ago, I found myself working at Fry's, a chain supermarket in AZ. I was hired on part time at $7.50 an hour. Twenty years previous, I worked for Von's (supermarket in CA) as a journeyman clerk and I was making $17.00 an hour.

I was working this job in order to help publish a book that I was writing at the time and living rent free because of my friend's generosity. It was very clear to me that a person living in the real world would not be able to live on this salary. I knew for myself that it was going to be short term, but what about the other people who had to live on these wages? How can they afford to live like this? What about health insurance? (I go to Mexico to get my teeth cleaned.)

My daughter was on an organic health kick at the time and was insisting that I buy organic. While I do agree with the philosophy, I couldn't justify the extra expense. I could buy a half gallon of juice at Wal-Mart for half the price as the local supermarket.

I was at a conference when I met Barb who was promoting social justice in all areas of life. I purchased a little book from her to help me understand what and who corporate villains were and why it was important not to support them.

I noticed that all of the companies that had taken a chance and given me a credit card after my bankruptcy were all corporate villains. (Companies that put profit over everything else.)

The dilemma for me...to stay loyal to these companies, after all they took a chance with me, or to close the accounts...sending a message of dissatisfaction with their business ethics.

Whatever one's beliefs are about the subject, becoming educated will help each of us to make better decisions on the companies and products that we support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment