Friday, June 21

FOLLOWING THE FLOW - HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE!

Summer Solstice! The longest day of the year! Yahoo!!! (Well, in the Northern Hemisphere anyway!)

This morning I took the two dogs that I'm sitting with for a hike up the mountain behind the house I'm staying. (read more) It has a trail that leads to the big white cross that is lit up will lights all night.

The trail is quite steep and rocky in places. It brought me back to my Yuba River hiking days, and how I wouldn't look too far ahead when the trail was steep. I'd place my focus directly in front of me and eventually I'd make it to my destination, whether it be the end of the trail or out of a canyon.

I was going to write that sometimes goals aren't the answer, sometimes, you just need to let things flow, which went along with a recent astrology blog I read by Simone Butler. (read more)

But I realized that I did have a goal. It was to reach the end or the top of the trail. However, my focus was on what was directly in front of me and not the end result.

Usually, I'm watching and feeling for the flow of energy. That's what I'm doing for this week. If you remember, I put down all the have to's, and went to In and Out Hamburgers. Feeling a bit better than yesterday, I'm now ready to enjoy the week doing whatever/wherever the energetic flow takes me.  (Today, Dana Point!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment