Tuesday, June 25

IS IT TRUE BLONDES HAVE MORE FUN?


A lady Clariol Blonde, A Silky Shinny Blonde.....Any one remember the commercials from the 60's, where the blonde is the only one having fun? 

If you ask me what color my hair is, I'd say light brown, even though I know it's blonde. I guess, I don't feel blonde....whatever feeling blonde feels like! I was born a towhead, grew up in southern California, where I spent my spare time either at the beach or swimming in our pool. (When I was younger my hair acquired a nice green tone to it, making me less blonde!)

It is true that about once a year I head for Newport Beach to have my blonde brightened and I do like being blonde. However recently I've been considering changing the color.

I am house sitting for a neighbor that I haven't seen in many years. When I arrived, she said, "You probably don't recognize me because I changed my hair color. She HAD and it was beautiful. It is a deep auburn red. 

When she told me why she changed it I started questioning my own hair color. She is a school teacher and consultant for remote school districts. She said once she changed her hair color, she was taken more seriously at her job and valued for what she brought to the table. 

I started reflecting back on comments I've heard from men about how they prefer blondes (not all men, just the ones I'm referring to here.) I wondered how people feel about blondes and Marilyn Monroe came to mind...A Blonde Bombshell! And Dumb Blonde jokes...it's all about looks and nothing else.

I know my hair color doesn't define who I am. But I'm ready for some kind of change., just not sure it's hair color. But I do know that something has to change for me. Its time!

So....I'm thinking about it! OMG! It's not brain surgery...it's hair color for Petesake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment