Monday, June 13

YOUR LIFE IS RIGHT NOW! NOT SOME DAY.....WHEN......


Gosh, it’s been nearly a month since I last blogged. There are several reasons for this. One, could be that I’ve been ultra focused on finishing my next book, however, that certainly is not a reason, not to blog. I could easily cut and paste sections into the blog. OK, how about, I write each day in a journal as a way of helping me figure out things in my life and for the next book coming out. Nice try, but no dice. Again, a simple cut and paste would do the trick! Would you believe "The dog ate it?” OK, “Nobody reads it anyway!” Well, except for one person who has left a few not so encouraging comments. (Which by the way has been a great gift of practice for me when I begin my speaking engagements in the fall.)

What I have found out in the past few weeks is that there are people who do read and apparently even look forward to reading my blog. So to you I apologize for my neglect and inconsistency.

A lot has happened in the past month. This beautiful house has become the new Riverbend Retreat Center and is beginning to feel like a home. I’ve had quite a few charming people visit and two dinner parties. We’ve had a pretty intense fire down here and I had another enchanting time in Mexico at the dentist with some pretty amazing amigos! (Something that I’m happy I don’t listen to negative talk about...not going to Mexico, that is!)

But what I’d like to share today is what I was reminded about for myself after having had a conversation with a friend about making time in life for the things that are important to us. I had been complaining that we don’t go for hikes or have any time to spend together as friends. He was telling me, that it will happen later,” When the season slows down, when the snow birds leave, when some deals in California close"...you get the picture. We can add to the list, “When I retire, when the children leave home, when I’m 64! Wait! I am 64! Dang, when did that happen?"

The part that I just finished in the book was about, This being your life right now. You’re in the middle of it. It’s not someday....when! We have to make time to do the things that are important to us, first and then everything else seems to work itself out as far as time allotment anyway.

In the end, it won’t make any difference how many deals you close or how many books you write if you don’t have family and friends to share your life with. While I become intensely focused on finishing this next book, I find myself neglecting things that are important to me...YOU! (Via the blog!)

Thanks for reading and being a very valuable part of my life. Nameste, I honor the Divine in each of you!

Live, LIve, Live, Life is a banquet and most poor souls are starving!...Auntie Mamme

No comments:

Post a Comment