Monday, May 31

Part 8 Inca Trail THE JOURNEY ENDS!












OK! Finally! We're done! 5:30AM, we walked to the bus for the ride to Machu Picchu for the hike up to the top of Waynapicchu . As you can see the stairs were very narrow. It was foggy which was a blessing for me...I didn't like seeing straight down...my son made it to the top in 1/2 hr! Me, it was an hour, but I made it! It was so much easier that the Inca trail. It was cooler, I wasn't carrying a backpack, I wasn't trying to keep up with a group, don't get me wrong, it was still hard and I still had nothing to eat since we started this trek and I was using up alot of energy! I got to the top, went through a cave, I was later to find out was called the 'moon cave,' came out the top (dying and rebirth) and instantly began the climb down. For me, it wasn't about arriving; it was about the journey! It was about "Anything is possible!" If you know what Waynapicchu is in your life...you can climb it! You CAN get to the top! If you have a goal, you can reach it! You simply take baby steps, rest, ask and receive support...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment