Thursday, May 20

HORSES; PERSONAL POWER

In the Native American Spiritual Tradition, Horses represent power, personal power. Power, not in the sense of bulldozing power, but simply taking ownership of who I am and my talents and gifts.
When I arrived to my daughter's in Chicago, I noticed my apprehension around her 2 horses. This was a bit unusual for me as we had horses when the children were growing up. As I do with all situation in life, I began to look at this timidness towards her horses as a mirror for my life. What could this mean for me?
After much reflection, I could see that somewhere along the way, I have backed away from my own personal power. This funk I found myself in was somehow related to the fact that I didn't feel comfortable around the horses, I didn't feel comfortable around me. So I gave myself permission and the time for a pity party. The weather was cloudy and chilly which supported the inward journey, which looked like me lying on the couch nearly in a coma for over a week. Guess what! I rode a horse (with my daughter at the helm!) and I woke up....a new beginning! (Again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment