Wednesday, May 19

IN THE PURSUIT OF LIFE!


You may have wondered why I haven't been blogging. Well, I added another leg to my Year in a Suitcase journey and as has happened every single time that I make a change, I go into my normal panty twist. Well, they're getting shorter and less severe. (Good thing because they were getting so uncomfortable that I was beginning to feel like the only solution was to stop wearing them!
Nevertheless, this time, I'm here in Chicago. I went through a good week to 10 days of depression. Why am I here? How long will I be here? What am I to do here? I need a 'job!' It's difficult to get a job when you have no idea how long you'll be somewhere. Blah, Blah, Blah!
I constantly fight to stay in the moment and true to the commitment that I have made to myself, 'To live a year traveling and saying yes wherever the doors open up and not getting complacent, staying someplace, just because it's easy. So, I just wait, until the next opportunity arises and I say yes and move on! For me, It's about learning to trust and be at home with myself, wherever I am.
My daughter called and said she had found a poem on top of some papers of her Papa's. She said it brought tears to her eyes. I had given her a copy of a song by John Denver, one day while she had been visiting. It is called Looking for Space. Part of the chorus is; Sometimes I fly like an eagle, and sometimes I'm deep in despair.
I had taken my dad to see The Pursuit of Happyness and I asked him what he thought about it. He replied, It's just life! It is just life! It's hilly, it's roller coasters, it's up, it's down. It's not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's simply about, how well can you navigate through it! (The picture is of a Bald Eagle in a tree, in Wyoming)

No comments:

Post a Comment