Monday, June 14

A Horse is a Horse....

Pretty cute and innocent looking...don't you think? My daughter and I were getting ready to take her horses for a camping trip and trail ride this past weekend. As I was leading the black horse back to the stall, minding my own business, when out of no where the young brown buck, was standing next to me and Wap! I'd been shot! Or so I thought! It all happened so fast. I had no idea what had happened! In his playfulness he did a little buck and kicked me in the chest! OUCH!
I went inside to catch my breath and I began thinking back on my memories of horses in my life. The first time I rode a horse, we had rented one for an hour and I was walked to the fence and then dumped off, on the other side! Memory 2. It was my birthday and my ex- husband (you'll see why in a minute:) took my eldest daughter shopping for a birthday present for me and came home with a pony for her! She got the pony, I got more work! We had several more horses and I decided to buy a horse of my very own! I had been sick and had taken a couple of benadryl, which made my head foggy. I said yes to buying this horse named Fire...can you imagine! Fire....his name and how he behaved! And then now, my 3rd memory; getting kicked in the chest! Well, no wonder I'm a bit apprehensive at times around these beautiful creatures. Just when I thought we had an understanding between us, the horses and myself, they didn't hurt me and I let them out on the pasture to graze we'll have to start back at square one! Respect! R-E-S-P-E-C-T...(Aretha Franklin style!)

No comments:

Post a Comment