Monday, January 21

WHY NOT?

Why not....why not get up and join the sunrise at the ocean?
Why not...go to the amazing new hotel...The Strand and enjoy the luxurious yet simplistic beauty of just being there?
Why not play in the water or go kayaking?


This trip, like all  others have a theme...this one...Why Not?

I arrived in Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday. I started to work early Sunday morning helping my friend remodel her one bedroom apartment, by ripping up the carpet, tacking strips and linoleum, hauling it all away and dealing with mold!....OMG! Why not? (You're nearly 60!)

We later went to Fred's Mexican Restaurant on the beach to watch the football game and enjoy a margarita. Why not? (There's more work to do!)

Next day: the ocean was calling and I went for an early morning walk on the beach, remembering you all to her and she waved back!  Why not? (There's work to do!) Later, we ripped up the carpet in her son's room (after moving all the furniture) and relaid new...OMG!

I took the time today to visit my sister. The days right now are beautiful...70 degrees...the sun warm, the  crisp ocean smell in the mornings and the smell of campfires in the evening...the already sun kissed, deliciously sweet strawberries that can purchased at the road side stands from the few farmers who still have small fields in town.

Pati, why not enjoy the journey of everyday living? After all....it's all you have. Life doesn't begin....someday....when.....you retire, (LOL) when the kids leave home or the dog dies.....this is it...this is your life....today...in this moment.....My mission this trip to try everything that presents itself to me without making excuses as to why I can't, shouldn't, won't......and just say Thank you....WHY NOT?

PS...to my conservative friend....why not date the girl with pink hair and tattoos?

No comments:

Post a Comment