Wednesday, January 23

FUN IN THE SUN


It was a sun shinny Tuesday morning with 10 people on the pier and 20 in the water, waiting to catch that perfect wave! 

I found myself setting at the edge of the pier, eating Starbucks oatmeal with a pod of dolphins swimming below, seagulls flying above and Big Band music in the background from the Ruby's, the restaurant at the end of the pier. Who gets to do this? 

Yes...I've been working hard, but I am also trying to keep balance in my life, so I'm doing one thing each day...different...that isn't working:)

My friend and I rode bikes down the beach trail to Sunset Beach...7 miles each way! (That sounds like work!) But smelling the fresh salted ocean air, the breeze, lovely conversation and people watching....it was pretty painless! Now this is exercise I can get my head around!

It's not all been a bed of roses however. My bed...an old metal framed futon....well each day I add something to try and make it more comfortable. (Today....last resort.....I used some plywood scraps I found while cleaning the garage yesterday. I'll let you know how tonight is! So far it has the metal futon frame, plywood, camping sleeping pads, a feather bed pillow for the entire bed, sleeping bag, futon mattress, mattress pad and sheet!

While I am still consciously breathing through my panty twists...(whatever I can dream up to fret about) I am also keenly aware of the fact that these lovely days at the beach for me are limited and I don't want to miss any of it! Happy....nearly spring! 

1 comment: