Monday, November 26

LET THE BEAUTY OF WHAT WE LOVE BE WHAT WE DO



Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don't open the door to the study and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument. Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. Rumi 

My final days in Grass Valley, CA (I think:) I've been meeting people from my old church and even attended the Unity Church, meeting some wonderful people there. I went for a walk with an old friend and we were talking about Mass. Later that afternoon, I had planned to go to the 5PM Mass. But before that, I went to see an old friend who had moved to a retirement community in town. 

I knocked on her door and after hearing, "Come in!" I walked in. Her eyes lit up like I was Santa Claus! We visited and she told me about her bloody sheets that were soaking in the small bathroom sink. I offered to put new sheets on her bed, but enjoying the company, she insisted that we do it together. Later we then took her laundry to the washer and I walked her down for dinner. (Self-Care note: I was invited for dinner but said No Thank you, not this time.) 

Of course by this time Mass was over and I thought to myself, "I've just been to church." I joyfully spent time with another and I experienced God. Like Rumi says, There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. And for me, There are hundreds of ways to be with and experience God and sometimes it happens in sharing in a like minded communities (church), sometimes it happens in the presence of another and sometimes it happens all alone. And it's all GOoD!

No comments:

Post a Comment