Wednesday, August 3

STRAIGHTEN IT OUT AND BRING EM HOME! (BASEBALL)




Just an update on my travels. Here in Kansas City, visited my cousins and my grandma’s old home town. Last night, the hottest day of the year, we went to the Royals Baseball Game. (Picture, a view from our seats.) My cousin had gotten tickets from his work, right behind the dugout, second row back. I laughed when I heard my cousin yell, “Straighten it out and bring ‘em home!” They didn’t of course! But it was a beautiful night and there is something about being at the ball park, beer, peanuts and not climbing to the heights of the nose bleed section.

Today I spent the day with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle and was warmly welcomed to the devotional group to discuss my latest book, GPS for Living. I’ve also been warmly supported by my 2 cousins, P1 and P3. (I’m P2) I gave a few massages and took my Aunt and Uncle to dinner. One of the workers at the Retirement community that my Aunt and Uncle live at is from Nigeria, the same tribe as my Nigerian friend in Los Angeles. We made a call!

I signed the papers to put the Riverbend Retreat house on the market. Interesting that I signed the papers while in Kansas, the place I was born. (Must be some symbolism there:-)

Leaving tomorrow to see my brother and his family (5 hrs away, south) and I understand that there was a lot of tornado damage there. Without a tv or newspaper, I am not aware of the many natural disasters that had happened here in the midwest. In fact, the Atchison area (my grandma’s old stomping ground) is so flooded, that the bridge is closed, the water, (still) is at the top of the banks along the river and from the right view, it looks like an ocean, water as far as you can see, rather than a river.

Saturday, visiting my aunt on my dad’s side and then Sunday, back to ????? Not exactly sure. My plane flies to Los Angeles, but my daughter has my car and I haven’t received my traveling orders:-) So stay well and happy! Just wanted to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment