Friday, August 19

NEVER EVER, EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM!!!



A couple of incidents happened in my family that brought me back to the movie In Pursuit of Happyness. When my dad had come to CA for his last days on this earth, he, my boys and I went to see this movie. After it was over, I asked my dad, “So, what did you think?” “That’s just life!” he said non-chalantly. On a recent preview of this movie from a DVD, Will, the dad, said to his son, “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something, including me! If you want it, go and get it!”

My daughter had gotten the news a few days ago that she had been dropped from the D League in basketball. What a blow! She had moved back to the west coast in order to pursue her dream of becoming an NBA Basketball Referee. Now, I have absolutely zero doubt that if she wishes to pursue that dream, she’ll make it. It’s just a part of the journey in this life.

Don’t get me wrong. I know that it feels BAD! I get that. That’s a given. But life is about the journey, not the destination. How boring would it be if we reached our goals without any experiences! Like I told my daughter, “Now, you have more adventures to tell about how you achieved your dreams!

The time that it takes and the age that you are makes no difference! If you say something like, “I”ll be 60 when I get my degree if I start going for it now!” You’re going to be 60 anyway! Make YOUR life what YOU want!

The point is....NEVER EVER, GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! Go for what you know that you want! Make it happen! Live your life with all of it’s ups and downs....Go for the Gold!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment