Thursday, May 9

GOAL SETTING

You can't reach something that you don't know what it is. Once you know what you want, you can get it! I've never been very good at this on a personal level. As a recovering codependent, I have trouble knowing what I want. I've spent years knowing what others want. 

I just drove back from Illinois, two weeks on the road. I was helping a client who had a house and several storage sheds across the country. She has a job that allows her the freedom of moving and so with each move she put her things into storage and hit the road. 

The time had come to collect her belongings in one place. (This action is as much about calling all the little pieces of our souls back to us as it is about the stuff.)

When I arrived on Wednesday, she announced that she was going to have gallbladder surgery on Friday and that we probably wouldn't be able to continue the project. 

We sat some goals: To remove, pack and throw away stuff from her two story town home, garage, basement and storage shed, have the truck loaded and be on the road to Oklahoma by next Thursday. They said it couldn't be done. But I knew that if we had something to shoot for, we could make it happen. And we did! 

We stopped in Oklahoma to pick up some things from her father's house and a storage unit there. When we arrived to AZ, we collected the things from another storage shed and I am happy to say that she is now sorted! 

While it was an intense few weeks, she looks wonderful, a new lightness of Spirit! By her willingness to move forward not only set her free it also gives her son the freedom to do the same with his journey. He's also free from the energetic bondage of watching her stuff

While I do this goal setting with ease for others....why can't I do it for myself? I am confident that if I knew what I wanted, I could get it....LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment