Saturday, April 2

FIRST BOOK SIGNING FOR EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN....JUST NOT NOW!



Continuing on our journey across the midwest to AZ, we stopped in St. Louis to see a cousin I had never met. He had contacted me while I was in Ireland, saying that he was visiting my aunt and had read the book I had sent to her. We had a lovely visit.

Moving quickly onward, we had a very short visit with my other Aunt and Uncle and cousin in Kansas City.( I was due in Arizona by the first of April.) My cousin had told me about a devotional group that was meeting weekly at my Aunt’s retirement community each week. They were using my book as a guide for conversation and wanted to meet the author.

I was very touched to see about 15 women (and 1 man!) gathered for this weekly event.Tears began to well up in my eyes when I heard one 101 year old lady reply with enthusiasm to the group, when the facilitator asked about death, “IT’S JUST TRANSITION!!”

All of the resources that it took in writing this book, the time, the energy, the money, the research, the support from many others, etc. made it all worthwhile for me to have heard this women, obviously close to this life’s final transition, understand that life continues on ceaselessly, even after the body is gone! We are eternal beings and part of eternity is, RIGHT NOW!....

Because of my Aunt, Uncle and cousin, I had my first book signing in the midwest, the place where I was born. I wondered, had I been on these adventures in life in order to bring ‘home’ information to my clan?

No matter why I live this life style that some think is a bit odd, it feels right to me. I leave Las Vegas today, leaving my daughter behind and continue with my Vision Questing in AZ, (at least until Jan.1), finishing my next book, GPS for Living.

Happy trails.....

No comments:

Post a Comment