Saturday, March 26

BACK IN THE USA

I just arrived back from my Vision Questing Tour in Switzerland/Ireland. While there are many fun and positive things that came from my experience away, there were as many learning opportunities, aka, panty twists:-) as well!

But for now, I’ll just share a few highlights from a recent conversation that I had with a friend. I was asked, what stood out most in my mind from my recent travels. (Some I have already shared.) Driving for 2 weeks on ‘the other’ side of the street is always a bit tricky to begin with, however, my last trip from Kerry to Dublin, I felt like a pro, having learned to navigate the roundabouts once again. Coming back to the states, is always a bit of a challenge, driving on ‘the other side’ of the road again! It takes a conscious effort on my part.

I met a woman on the plane, who had never volunteered at the St Patrick’s Day Parade in Dublin, except for this year, and she got me a ‘job’ for the day that was remarkable. I could have been given a myriad of tasks and yet, I had the duty of walking dignitaries to their seats in the Grand Stand, walking right down the middle of the parade route where over 500,000 people awaited the beginning of the parade. (I pretended they had all come to see me:-)!)

I met a man on the plane from Switzerland, when he reached into his pocket and handed me his fountain pen when i was given a customs form to fill out. He said if I made it back to Dublin to give him a call and he would take me to lunch. I did make it back to Dublin and it took a lot of courage to call him. He picked me up at my hotel, had called ahead to a lovely restaurant, to see if they were open and made reservations. We began with a pint, starter, lunch, cocktail, dessert, all taking about 3 hours. We had a lovely conversation and then he dropped me to my next place by the sea for the evening. It was a great way to experience how I wish to be treated.

I drove for 1 week around the island with my friend and we experienced seaweed baths in Sligo, toured the Guinness Storehouse, toured the Bushmills Whiskey factory,saw the Great Causeway, drove through the Burren and saw some amazing countryside. My favorite memory was at the beginning of our trip when we saw a herd of sheep climbing a hill with a sheep dog nearby. Upon closer observation, there was a farmer carrying a 50 lb sack of feed on his back, they were following him. There were many baby lambs by the end of our trip lying in the fields while their moms were eating.

Even though we were in ‘Northern Ireland,’ a place people from the south are not crazy about going to, everyone was lovely to us. I later learned the history of the dispute between two areas.

I spent a few days in Dingle, with a major geo-temple, Shamanic Astrologer. We created ceremony around the equinox, for healing and peace for the world. We drove to the Burren and had an incredible hike in a very sacred space. It appeared to me to be the dessert of Ireland.

I spent several days with another friend and his family, finishing some organization from a previous house remodel and a couple of nights in very old castle like accommodations.

I flew back to Chicago with 4 seats all to myself. I had simply asked as I checked in, if there were any seats available with no one sitting next to them. The attendant said, yes, if I wanted to sit in the middle rows. She gave me an isle seat and blocked the one next to me. I didn’t know this was possible and so I’m sharing this information with you. I am currently in freezing Chicago helping to move one of my daughters back to the west coast.

Thanks for sharing my trip with me. it was fun to be away and it’s good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. it all sounds so wonderful! I love hearing abut all your adventures. You have missed a whole lot of snow and stormy weather since I saw you last! Its been nuts! good luck packing Kim all up!
    cheers, deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! You’ve got the Irish lingo down! Thanks for the positive feedback.
    I’m VERY HAPPY to have missed the snow and stormy weather! It has been freezing cold in Chicago, about the same in St. Louis (Kim and I had lunch with a cousin I have never met. He read my book that I had sent to his mother and contacted me. I love that he said that for him, the book was about living life fully.) It was a tad warmer in Kansas City, where we saw my cousin and her husband last night and today we’re going to the retirement community that my aunt and uncle live in. My cousin wanted me to see that there is a devotional group who meets once a week and they are reviewing my book, one chapter at a time. She said the group has grown to about 20 people. I’m very excited to witness this. (I bought a new camera:) and will be taking some pictures for the web....) I love you.....Cheers!

    ReplyDelete