Friday, March 5

YOU THINK YOU KNOW, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

This is it! This cute little holly tree is the culprit! Today I was going to tell you, the mouse in the house I'm sitting for may have been a false alarm, (the jury is still out on that one) and talk about assumptions. Well, let’s talk about assumptions anyway. When I was in Ireland, one of the jobs I was doing; was taking all the linens from the room upstairs that had been thrown into big black garbage bags for transport from one house to another during the remodel. I was washing everything so that it would be clean for the new house. After weeks, I had come to the end of the pile and as I dumped the bag over, I noticed mouse droppings along with a squeaky sound. I am not good with little critters especially those with tails! Ask my old housecleaning partner, (she's not really old). If there was anything with a tail; like a lizard or mouse, you would find me on top of the bed screaming until she rescued me. So a mouse in the house was not exciting to me! I called my friend’s brother who came (eventually). When he arrived, I said, “See these droppings, hear that scratching sound? It‘s over there in the corner." I pointed out the place as I quickly left, closing the door behind me. (What? A mouse can't crawl under the door?) Several minutes later, he came out with a smile. "Come with me outside, it's the holly plant outside scratching the door in the wind."
Because there were mouse droppings, I assumed there must be a mouse! Once again I'm reminded, YOU THINK YOU KNOW, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment