Wednesday, March 3

Ireland

I began a journey for a year, researching my next book, A YEAR IN A SUITCASE. After leaving Hawaii, I went to Ireland to stay with Fr. Seamus' mother while he was remodeling her house. The weeks turned into 4 months and I was asked to stay longer, but I asked myself, "Would this bring me joy?" It was just a few days before Christmas and while I had nowhere in particular to be for the holidays, staying in Ireland with Seamus and his family all being home for 2 weeks would not bring me joy. So my time in Ireland ended. It was a wonderful experience and this is a picture of me taking a beautiful walk on the beach. P.S. I'm here housesitting for a friend in Arizona. It's late and it sounds like a mouse in the laundry room! Dang it! Sleep with the angels my two devoted followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment