Monday, October 26

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE


 Several years ago I accompanied my son to Peru where we hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DULNriI8g
And you can read about this adventure in my latest book, A Year in a Suitcase, available on evolvetolive.com.)

After nearly escaping with my life (too old… out of shape… late start in the day...) I was beyond exhausted when we got back to our room for the night.

My son was the only one in the group who wanted to hike Wayna Picchu the next morning. (Taller mountain in the back).

It seemed like a feat that was simply out of the question for myself. But when I asked the guide if she thought that I could make it, she said something to me that I remember vividly to this day; ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! I've come to really appreciate those three words in my life.

Yes… anything is possible and with her kind words, I got up the next morning at four and made it to the top! Why… because ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

So that brings me to the present day in my life. I decided to run a triathlon. Seems crazy, but its a baby one and it will give me a reason to make conscious choices each day about my health. Come and join us! Evolve to Live is going to have a team. May 6 and 7th 2016  in Sahuarita, AZ!


No comments:

Post a Comment