Monday, February 25

The Academy Awards

How do you feel about the Academy Awards?

I visited with an older conservative friend yesterday, suggesting that he watch the Academy Awards that evening as he had nothing else planned.

His response: "I'm not going to watch those sinful people!" I burst out laughing! "What?" I asked, not believing what I was hearing.

"Those sinful people!" he reiterated! "They've been married many times and have affairs!" "Really," I asked. "They have ALL been married multiple times and they are ALL having affairs?"

While people in the eye of the media are always up for criticism what I've discovered while on my journey of self-discovery is that their lives are not that much different than many lives of average people. 

There is not one person on this earth who is not on their own personal path of soul evolution. How we experience life, learn and evolve is as unique as we are as individuals.

Artist's and their work can be encouraging, inspiring and thought provoking. Many are generous and bring light to many worthwhile causes. Their work can make us laugh, cry, see things from a new perspective, lift our spirits and broaden our minds! Now that's pretty impressive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment