Saturday, June 30

Self Care 101

At the beginning of my journey into self-discovery, or Becoming Real, as I refer to it in each of my two books, GPS for Living and Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, Just Not NOW!, I got the brainy idea to tithe myself the amount of years that I have been on this earth to begin healing from the inside out. I gave myself permission to take off 5 years (as I was 50) from having to get a real job!. (That was 12 years ago!) Now, once again, as I find myself off balance with my projects and consciously trying to become skilled at finding balance in my life, I decided, once again, to tithe myself 2.4 hrs each day, for self-care. Time for ME. (Well, actually I rounded UP to 2.5 hrs :) Two and a half hours a day just for me, what in the heck will I do for 2 and a half hours for myself! Let's see, shower, hair and make-up, that's a total of 5 minutes....now what else? Read, meditate, exercise, play my native american flute....hmmmmm. For pete's sake Pati, you're at the beach....can't you find something to do for you?
As I walked along the beach, this scene in the sand caught my attention. I noticed that there were 5 different prints, all who shared this same space on this earth in a relatively short period of time. Had I not stopped, taken a walk and was conscious in my efforts, I would not have seen what I considered to be an incredible sight.
Now, I can think of a lot of things to do for myself, will I take the time? Can I do it....I'll try... and then I'm sure, I'll have to start over A....G...A...I...N...but eventually, the trying will become habit. That's the theory anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment