Sunday, December 26

GIVING EVERYONE, INCLUDING OURSELVES, PERMISSION TO EXPERIENCE GOD IN THEIR OWN WAY!

A few years back I was driving across country with one of my daughters and I had written about the experience.

As we arrive at the Dakotas, as sacred to the Native Americans as the Holy Land is to Christians, I notice the young Indians rebel against the ways of their elders as many Christians rebel against theirs the same way many children rebel against their family traditions.

It’s natural; it’s normal; it’s how we learn; it’s how we grow.

The similarities in the Lakota Ceremonies and the Christian Rites are amazing to me.

I think God – One God – One Creator – One Universe, One Great Mystery, One Holy Spirit, One Great Spirit – One Wakentanka…but as many ways to worship as there are people in the world. (One Great Mystery, beyond all understanding)

If a person’s life experience has turned them from one form of honor and worship, there is always another waiting to be discovered. For me today, out in the open, in the beauty and the Wind of the Spirit, I listen to John Denver’s Eagles and Horses and I realize…that I have been to church.

This holiday season, find your individual way of worship, giving thanks and co-creating life by dreaming BIG, with the Creator of your understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment