Sunday, November 7

PAPA'S CHINO HOUSE

After receiving my graduation gift...a car! (Next blog) I was heading back to Arizona, but without a plan, (what else is new) and was just open to what 'felt right.' In the past few weeks, I had driven by the off ramp to my dad's property in Chino and each time I would tell who ever I was traveling with, "My dad used to live down there." But not once did I think to go by. Well, this trip, I found myself on the same freeway, however, this time I pulled off. I called my sister as I couldn't exactly remember the off ramp. I found it with ease and as I pulled up, I was happy to see it had a new face lift, new life! I sat across the street and marveled at the fact that I hadn't even seen the trees in the yard when my dad lived there. I pulled up to make a u-turn as to take some pictures and the song that came on the radio, Dance with my father again, by Luther Vandross. I sat and listened as the tears welled up in my eyes...Even after the years pass, when we pay attention, our loved ones are trying to get our attention from the other side. We are loved! (another picture below)



No comments:

Post a Comment