Monday, June 15

Say what you need to say.....clear, direct, communication!

My dad was always picking on my youngest son; it was never right, it was never good enough, he wasn't thinking, the list was endless.

One day the light bulb went on for me and I said to my dad, "My son, reminds you of your son, C You are saying (not nicely) all the things you never said to my brother. It doesn't feel good!

In my family, we never addressed an issue directly to another person,(we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings) no, of course not. We would simply talk about them behind their back to the rest of the family, and anyone else who would listen. Very intelligent right? Certainly talking behind someones back still is hurtful and any way, it always got back to the one being talked about, and just like the telephone game, it barely resembled the original complaint as everyone added their own personal twist.

Sometimes we may find we are venting on behalf of another, when it is simply a mirror for us to see ourselves more clearly. Stand up for yourself. Choose YOU in every moment. It may be a bit contrary to what many of us were taught, but I can assure you from my personal life experience, things will change, you will be respected and still loved, probably even more.

PS...personal work, has nothing to do with who or where you live or what job you have, once you begin the journey to knowing you, (believe me, it's not as scary as I thought) not only will your life change for the better, it will ripple down to those around you.

Last thought; You are loved, simply because you are, it's not what you do, or how you perform. Simply that you are made in the likeness and image of the Creator....how could it be any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment