Monday, December 28

A YEAR IN A SUITCASE PART 4

Setting out for an adventure! One year living out of a suitcase! Scared shitless! Getting rid of everything I own that didn’t fit into a 22” suitcase and backpack….why… because I was mad at God. I had done everything He’d asked… as He so eloquently pointed out… things He didn’t ask… and this was the thanks I got…. A crashed life? Fine… take it all… have it all… fuck you!~ (Being Real for the first time in my life! And then… because I wasn’t happy.

Life as I previous knew it had changed… and somehow I knew if I was going to survive… I had to change too…. And in order to change… I had to go out and find different ways of living.

So after the end of a thirty-year marriage and bankrupt business I decided to get rid of everything that didn’t fit into a 22” suitcase and backpack, including my car!

You may be asking why in the world would you do that? Well, I was out of options! The church’s answer to my current situation was, “You just need to do, give and pray more… You’ll be fine!” I’d been doing that and it wasn’t working!

Then the solution from Western Medicine was… “You need pills!! Hormones, anti-depressants, and sleeping pills…. In effect… we’ll put you out for this next learning cycle of your life. “Uh, no thanks! You did that for my mom and sister and their both dead!”

By the grace of God, I knew that something had to change and had realized that something had to be me.

I began to understand that everything changes. I had come from an ultra conservative background where I believed that as long as everything remained the same, “I was doing it right!”

But through this experience I realized that absolutely nothing stays the same. All we have to do is look around us and see that nature is a great mirror to witness first hand that in fact… everything changes. We can see this easily in the four seasons or the monthly waxing and waning of the moon. I began to embrace change instead of resisting it and learned to appreciate what Plato meant when he said, “You cannot step into the same river twice.”  

In my latest book, A Year in a Suitcase, one can easily see that when one has the courage to make changes in their life….magic happens! Read all about possibilities… A Year in a Suitcase is still on sale! Two books for $30, plus shipping. 

See you next year!!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment