Monday, January 27

Just Do It!

I recently participated in the High Ropes Challenge Course at Canyon Ranch. As one might imagine, 
I came away with some new awareness of lessons that I've already practiced many times in life. 

In order to move forward in life, you have to let go of perceived security.

In regards to the course, in order to move across the two levels of sixteen elements, between 25 and 50 feet high,  you have to let of of whatever rope or pole you're holding onto, in order to move forward. 

But what I did notice this time was that I was holding back. Why? And when it came to swinging off the big swing at the end, I talked myself out of it. Why? Because I thought about it too long. I was in my head, rather than in my body. Scary? For me? You bet! That first step off the platform, has always been a problem for me, even when I was a young swimmer, jumping off the platform into deep water was something I could never do alone. You have to Just Do It! Commit and Go for it! 

What made this jumping off, different than the time I did the zip line in Hawaii or the Paragliding in Peru or swinging from a roped tire into water? It's all simply about trusting you're safe, letting go of perceived security and receiving the support that God/The Universe has to offer. Next time, I'll JUST DO IT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment