Friday, October 25

Being in Choice, choosing health

Trying to get back on track to living my life again, after several weeks of major panty twists and tears, I wrote to my VBFF and was giving him an update on my progress. I told him I was writing one hour each day and working on my health.

You see, he has someone who wants to represent us for a speaking engagement and his question to me last week was, "When can you be Ophra ready?" What he was trying to say nicely was ,"When can you loose weight and get into shape?"

His reply: If you lose 2 pounds per month while e working out and continuing to monitor your diet, not obsessively, in one year you'll have lost 25 pounds and look smokin' hot. (If you lose 20 lbs per month you'll be 240 lbs lighter you might not want to do that.)

If you write for 1 hour per day (500 words) in one year you'll have a book of over 180000 words after you deduct 20% of them you'll have a gem.

"Success is the progressive realization of a worth ideal." Earl Nightingale


My new job a Canyon Ranch's mission is to inspire people to live healthy lives in order to realize their dreams. (paraphrased)

So, two pounds lighter and a few tears less, I've begun to take a bit of ownership of my existence. Realizing that being in choice is not always about choosing random things but also about choosing to be healthy.

When I told him I wanted to go to restorative yoga, but chose spinning and it nearly killed me, he replied,
Keep doing the cycling and remember what Nietzsche said,
 "That which does not quite kill me will make you (& me) strong."
Also George Bernard Shaw,
"If all we ever do in life are those things which are convenient and comfortable, the great things in life will not get done."


So, I'm off to get more healthy...in this moment...for today...lol...(work).

No comments:

Post a Comment