Tuesday, May 3

FIRE IN TUBAC, AZ



Today, I woke up and as the sun rose, it seemed like it was hiding behind a haze. Where are the beautiful mountains that I can normally see from my bed in the morning? Ah, yes, the smell, it’s a bit too familiar. I’m taken back to 1988, when we first moved to Northern California and we were to experience our first major fire, The 49er Fire which destroyed thousands of acres of forest and homes. I remember now.

Two days ago, as I drove south, back to Tubac, Az, I could see that there was a fire in the Santa Rita mountains, just southeast from where I’m staying. It was a bit eerie and yet mysteriously intriguing. There was even a beauty to the mountains being embraced by the smoke and I began feeling a bit uneasy because I also knew the destruction that would be left behind in the wake of this fire. It’s hard to breathe and my head is hurting.

As I lie in bed, I reflect on the possibilities. The fire seemed to be in the direction of the Indian Petroglyphs that I love to visit. How would they be affected? I took a moment and began to send Loving Energy out in the direction affected areas, asking Wanka Tankan, (Great Spirit, God) for protection for all, beginning with human lives, mother earth, and all living things, including the plants, animals.

Knowing it’s a New Moon, the beginning of new creations, looking out my window at the haze, I wonder what new beginning will come from the end of this fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment