Wednesday, May 4

EDUCATION COMES IN MANY PACKAGES


In coming to the end of completing my next book, GPS for Living, I was thinking about life and why we’re on this earth. I believe that we are here for many reasons and one is to acquire knowledge and experiences that are not possible without a physical body. I’ve come to see in my own life that ‘education’ comes in many different packages, from formal, traditional types of schooling to the more common school of Hard Knocks! (Life itself!)

I remembered back to when I got my first air card for my computer. I hadn’t understood Megabytes and Gigabytes and when my bill arrived, instead of the $60 I was expecting it was $260! I spent many hours on the phone trying to get someone to side with me, "I just didn’t understand!” I pleaded! (Lack of knowledge) At the end of it all, nothing was done and I owed $200 extra on my bill, which was going to be a real hardship on me financially. I thought that someone else should pay! Well, not even pay, simply hit a little button on their computer and reverse some charges. How easy would that be (for me) and I’d continue to be a happy customer.

I was complaining to my shaman (life coach at the time) about this. I was finally able to see and began justifying that education comes in all forms. She simply said, “So, you’re wanting someone else to pay the tuition for your education!” Yes! Well, when you put it that way, I suppose not.

We learn from pain, physically, like staying in the sun too long and getting burned, or monetarily, by having to do without something because of a foo-pah we’ve made. We need to show ourselves some compassion, it’s simply how we learn. Guess what, I now know a megabytes and how many I can use!

No comments:

Post a Comment