Sunday, March 1

PLEASE DON'T WAKE THE PUPPIES!

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but are you familiar with the old television series, "Please Don't Eat the Dasies?" That phrase kept coming to me each time I tip toed, thru the tulips, past the "pile of puppies," wanting to be sure they didn't hear me! Oh my word! Wake up 5 little rolly, bouncy, puppies, who instantly become ravenous with the least bit of noise!
Sophia watched me, as it was early Sunday morning, and she had just finished feeding the little darlings, (my words, not hers!) and had jumped back into to bed with me and looked at me as if to say, "You're not going to get up and wake the puppies are you?" What could I say to that look? "No, of course not! I'll just stay in bed...read....sleep...the day away, just so I won't wake the puppies!"
I remembered back when my four children were small and we camped quite often in, first a van, then graduated to a trailer, fifth wheel, and finally a motorhome. It didn't matter which mode of transportation we used, the issue was always the same for me...."Don't stop the vehicle after I've gotten all four children to sleep! It didn't matter if they had been asleep for 5 minutes, once the car stopped, they were up and I was in charge of entertainment once again! While my husband never quite understood this....I did and so I slipped back under the covers until Sophia signaled it was time to get up. Hey, listen, anything to help a mommy!
Let's just say today, I summoned a friend over and we built a "Puppy Condo," in a quiet part of the house so the puppies can't hear when I get up!

1 comment:

  1. Hello gorgeous!! I'm so proud of what you've accomplished mom!! You're writing is amazing and very entertaining. The puppies are super cute. Love ya Beca

    ReplyDelete