Tuesday, January 17

Day 2 of the 7Day Get Out of your comfort zone challenge

This morning the texts and Facebook posts were coming in of everyone's accomplishments!
When speaking with a friend this morning and she asked what was next. I told her I'd like to go to a make up place and have them do my make up. Definitely out of my comfort zone! She replied, "OMG! That isn't scary! That just sounds like fun!"

I quickly realized that everyone has different levels and things of what they feel comfortable with and what comes easy for them.

And of course, reminding myself that comparing myself with anyone else is futile because each of us are unique as individuals and in our lives journeys. 

So today, since its raining and I don't want to leave the house, I am going to send our Evolve to Live Self-Care Awareness Month information to Oprah and Rachel Ray. Why is this out of my comfort zone, because as soon as my friend mentioned that I should, the Mind Fucking began. "You're not ready, you don't know what you're talking about, what if they called you back?"  And then I breathe...and tell myself, I don't need to know anything except figure out how to contact them... and then do it!

Getting out of our comfort zones is where the magic happens. It's where we can leave behind our perspectives, beliefs and complacent life styles. It makes us conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment