Thursday, July 23

We Plan and God Laughs!

Have you ever found yourself with a date for something, which is different than you had thought in your head or find yourself arriving at a place that was entirely wrong?

Today while traveling with my friend in her new motor home from California to New Jersey, we arrived outside Columbia, Missouri where a childhood friend of hers lived...or so we thought! After setting up camp, she called her friend to find out that we were in the wrong state!

I burst out laughing as I know all things are in Divine Order, she however failed to see the humor in the situation quite so readily, "reprimanding" herself for such a careless mistake.

We were camped in a beautiful campsite, which happened to be right next to the county fair, where we enjoyed delicious food and entertainment. We were able to swim and enjoyed a much needed rest. How could this be wrong?

I was reminded years previously when I was going to fly with my daughter to Florida where she was trying out to become a basketball referee for college women. When we arrived at the airport we found out that we were an entire day late for the flight! As bizarre as it seemed, once again, when looking at it from another perspective, it was completely in Divine Order. I turned my ticket in so she could still go (the tickets were now more expensive) and I realized that had I accompanied her, I would have done things for her that she learned to do herself because of this mistake! (Mistake? Yeah, right!)

The next time you find yourself having a panty twist over something that didn't go the way you had thought it should, or the way you had planned, maybe you can remember these little stories and just say "Thank You," and relax into knowing that everything is in Divine Order.

"We Plan....and God Laughs!" We may as well laugh too!

No comments:

Post a Comment