Thursday, July 23

Pushing through closed doors...once again

I've been doing personal work long enough to know when a door is closed...leave it that way! But it was only several days into this 3 weeks trip with my friend in her motor home across the U.S., and I began to fret about my returning to the West Coast....just exactly how was this going to happen?

And so I began to become obsessed every time we had an internet connection to search for some sort of a "deal" to get me back. This particular night, we were camped in a Walmart:) parking lot and I realized that it was only 2 weeks until I was to leave her and so I had to book a plane ticket home TONIGHT! (God began laughing!)

As I begin gathering my computer and flashlight, I announce that I am going to walk to the Starbucks on the corner, so I can get an internet connection. I knew my computer battery was low and so I put my cord in in the bag, as well...

I walked to Starbuck's and of course it's closed (little town). So I proceed to stand in the parking lot trying to get a connection. I began feeling a little unsafe and well, frankly, stupid...I decided to hike to the McDonald's up the street. I arrived. sat down to connect, and it cost $2.95 for 2 hours. I went to the counter and asked how late were they going to be open. Great, another hour! I should certainly be able to find a flight home in an hour! I entered my credit card number for my 2 hours and guess what, yep, my battery died! No worries, I had even found a plug...but as I searched my computer bag, there was no cord.

You've got to flippin' be kidding me!

Totally deflated, with tears beginning to well up in my eyes, I began the long walk back to the motor home when suddenly a sense of peace came over me as I realized, "You are pushing, Pati girl! Let it go!"

As I opened the door I said to my friend, "I think I'm supposed to go with you to your reunion, everything I tried was blocked tonight." She began laughing and was happy to hear I was going to the reunion, as that was the original plan, I had just taken it upon myself to do it my way! (By the way, it is a Dreyer Family Reunion and I was going to be Pati Dreyer...the inventor of the Dreyer ice cream!

Believe me, this was not the last time, I tried to push my way home.....but read tomorrow and see what unfolded as I waited! Sleep with the angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment