Friday, February 20

Recession or Opportunity?

A Happy and Glorious New Year to you! I predict that the year 2009 will be filled with hope, love, and prosperity.

OK, there, now I’ve gotten your attention!

You may be asking yourself, “What, are you mad? Don’t you know that we’re in the middle of the worst recession sense the Great Depression?…or so it’s been said.

Well, I’m the proverbial optimist.

I’m not only the person who not only sees the glass as half full because I have learned this from my own personal experience, but I also proclaim it to all that I meet. I believe that in the natural flow of life things come and they go and when they leave they make room for something new, something better to arrive!

There are a few things one can do to help move through these shifting times, with grace and fortitude. What makes me an expert? I have lived, gained and lost absolutely everything in my life and as the grand dad in the movie, “The Gift” explains, “Hell, I’ve lost everything two or three times in my life, it’s the perfect place to begin again!” Or as Henry Ford said, “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently!

Once I let go (I did it kicking and screaming!) of the way I thought my life should be like, what I had ordered up from the menu of life, I was free. It certainly didn’t feel like it at the time, but the fear of loosing or beginning again is not present any longer.

Little life earthquakes are what it takes to get us to move from our comfort zones. It is really a gift, an opportunity for us to decide how it is we want to spend the rest of our life...

Sleep with the angels. Pati

No comments:

Post a Comment