Saturday, February 21

Dreams Really Do Come True...

Maybe, just not in the way I was expecting. I always say things just seems to slip in the back door when you least expect it.

As I laid in bed last night, my head swimming, I couldn't sleep, my mind was trying to grasp what had just happened to me with this new technology today. As, I am making "The Shift" into the second half of life...(it has nothing to do with age, by the way), I already knew the way of doing business has also made a shift, to electronics. ( See even the word electronics seems out dated....what?? Cyber.....something!)

An old friend has come back into my life, just in time to help me make the transition with somewhat grace and ease. Well, ease for her. We used to clean houses together...(many moons ago) and she was always intrigued with the computers, not me....I wouldn't even dust them!

She's been working on my website and our mission for the day was to get a Blog going....Blog? Sounds like a swamp! Why do I need a swamp for communicating? She is very patient with me as I carefully explain to her all the errors of the "computer!" "Yeah, I know," she gently placates me, fully knowing it wasn't the computer at all, but it's operator! (I'm still not totally agreeing with that!) Anyway, 3 hours and one huge headache later, what do we have??? A blog! (With no alligators!)

Later that evening as I lie in the tub licking my battle wounds from the day, it comes to me, "Pati, you wanted to be a columnist....you are girlfriend!" I find this "Dreams coming true" thing really happens alot, but what I forget is to be explicity clear when I'm dreaming them! I wanted to write, travel and speak, it happened....even Internationally! I wanted to be a columnist, I of course have lots to say...and here it is...not in a way I expected but none the less, it's here. Oh, I just remembered...I forget to be really clear and add....for money! Back to the dreaming board!

I'll end with a quote from Lily Tomlin
"I always wanted to be somebody...but now I realize I should have been more specific!"

PS. Thank you my dear friend Deb, just doesn't begin to touch the love and gratitude I feel for you n all areas of my life, but especially here now, helping me into this new frontier.

PSS. Don't forget to check out the puppies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment