Saturday, September 25

SUPPORT COMES IN MANY FORMS

On my recent trip to Grass Valley, I became obsessed with working as many jobs as came my way. I wasn't trusting that I would be supported when I left the area and so I worked continually 24/7, neglecting friends while I was there. On my last day, my last evening in fact, I was rushing to take a friend to a doctor's appointment that had been part of the trade for using her car. Not being fully present with what I was doing and because of my rushing, from trying to fit too much in to a little bit of time, I hit a car stopped at a stop sign. It didn't do alot of damage to either car, but enough to make me feel really bad and enough to wake me up! I took the car to my son who is going to begin school for auto bodywork and he was able to fix my friend's car on the spot. I had asked the lady I hit, if she would consider having my son look at her car before she turned a claim into the insurance company and she agreed.
Today, I got a phone call from my son. They brought the car by and the husband owns a hot rod body shop in a nearby town! He said, he needed side help all the time and if he did a good job on this, he'd give him a job....a job he was going to need when school begins. I just sat back, once again amazed at the orchestration that occurs for us, on our behalves when we can really are present to see them. I barely hit the car....no one was hurt....and of all the cars in Grass Valley, this is the one that I hit...

1 comment: