Tuesday, July 6

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION; THE DOSE MAKES THE POISON!

I just rented the Riverbend Retreat House so I could continue my journey of A YEAR IN A SUITCASE! I would have said, I own, very little...a half dozen boxes or so...I remembered back to when I had lived for a year at the beach in LA and arrived with absolutely nothing and left with a toyota truck...loaded to the brim...so much STUFF...I couldn't even find room for a soda for the 10 hour drive up north! Well, once again, having to get rid of the few (:-) things I had in the garage, I realized how our STUFF keeps us in bondage. When I left a year ago, I had put a few things in the garage and while moving the things yesterday, opening each box..."I can't get rid of...." I remembered how much time and energy just having these bits and pieces have taken! I had to have someone go to the garage and reorganize, put plastic down, cover the things in plastic in case the garage leaked, hunt for things I asked, reorganize again, make room for other treasures and now...my apparent 'nothing' fills another toyota truck! So now, carrying nothing, to the truck, loading nothing into the truck, carrying nothing into the house and resorting nothing is simply exhausting! It's stealing my energy...literally! I help others with organization and I can actually see when someone is ready to clear STUFF from their lives. New opportunities open up for them. Having too much STUFF, blocks the flow of energy. STUFF takes up space! It stifles creativity, blocks the flow of money and we can feel stuck! While it is hard to let go of some last bits and pieces the criteria that I will be using..."Can I get it again?" If the answer is yes, then it's going! Too much of anything is what makes it off balance! I want to move forward in prosperity and so I'm leaving my STUFF behind!

1 comment:

  1. cute photo of the house! so where are the articles about climbing the Andes? deb

    ReplyDelete