Saturday, April 25

Master of Transition....continued

As my name was evolving, so were my skills and knowledge. While the education I was receiving was "unconventional" nevertheless, I was growing and expanding....and not just physically!

As I was trying to take ownership for myself, of who I was becoming, I was trying desperately to find a "title" that identified who I was now. Previously, mother, daughter, sister, wife, aunt, friend, Christian, ministry worker, volunteer, care giver...the list was truly endless. But who am I now? I knew it had to do with Transition, I AM a Master at that!

Master in Transition! Several people didn't like that I was calling myself Master. Master over slaves came to my mind, or Jesus as Master, Guru types are associated with the word Master and so I began doing some soul searching and researching and realized that "master" is used in a myriad of ways. Master Swimmers, simply means the most skilled swimmers. The Masters in Golf....the same thing. I looked up the definition of master:

A worker qualified to teach apprentices and to carry on a trade independently.
A person eminently skilled in something, as an occupation, art, or science.


I was driving to Chicago, through Kansas when I noticed in the cornfields, as far as I could see, all the corn was the same height...except sprinkled here and there were stalks that stood much taller than the rest and a few that stood around them were still taller than the majority, but not as tall as the tallest.

It instantly came to me that, there are leaders everywhere and I remembered a saying "Leaders are like eagles, they don't flock ~ you find them one at a time!

I began to think, Pati, you have spent as much money and time (not to mention the pain and tears) as it would have taken to get a Masters Degree at a traditional University.....You actually have a Masters Degree in Transition from the University of Life! Guess what the next sign on the road read...Home of the University of Kansas City.

That's how I live now. Paying attention to the support all around me, seeing the Divine in everything. It may be something different for someone else, but for me, it was confirmation, I am to lead and I do have a Masters Degree in Transition from the University of Life!


I call myself a Master in Transition as I believe that Transition begins with the moment we are born into this world, until the moment we leave this world, and every moment in between.

I have birthed 4 children of my own, as well as coaching several others, transitioning “in” (natural childbirth coach) and coached several others, transitioning “out.” (dying)

Every moment in between – Well, that’s just life!

I'll leave you with this thought:
Mentor ~ Someone who's hindsight can become your foresight!

No comments:

Post a Comment